Sunday, May 30, 2010

A small Gathering of Spinners

Yesterday, spinning people were again invited at Annelis' shop "Tricolaine". I really enjoyed our last meeting in September and I was happy that I also could come this time. So I took my poor not-so-mobile spinning wheel by tram to Carouge. Actually, I am also to be pitied, because my wheel is quite heavy. But luckily the walking distance was just short. This time, I got curious looks by several men who wanted to know if mon petit rouet was really working and came up with the usual sleeping beauty remarks.


In the end we were six spinners and several people who came and watched and even tried it themselves. And it was nice that we were a really mixed group of different age (Celine was spinning with her newborn baby bound around her chest), some kids came by and and also Greg showed up, though without his wheel.


I got a bag full of raw wool of the Swiss sheep breed "Roux de Valais" which is quite rough and coarse, but also really eco-friendly, natural and charming. And they look just cute!

I also finally got the hang of the long draw. I just didn't have to courage before of letting go, but in principle the yarn won't break if there is enough twist. I started spinning green fiber for new strawberry yarn which will be finished hopefully soon, so watch out!

It was a really nice day and I can't wait for the next time.

1 Kommentare:

Tugendfurie said...

Strawberry Yarn - yah! :)